søndag den 5. september 2010

Day 8

Oups day, and crazy day

Slept until 9. Not bad. My host Soeren served nice breakfast. Even with rugbrød (really brown bread).
Oups number 1
I made 5 couch requests. Not easy to find a balance between requests and answers. Today I was accepted four places. Great, but I also feel bad about wasting peoples time.
So thanks to all the couchsurfers, and sorry that I didn't appear. Hope everyone got my messages.
Oups 2
I tried to play with the route map on my homepage, but I think I managed to delete all my routes. I'll have a look at it when I'm infront of a real computer.
And for the crazy part.
I arrived at my host, Jutta and her son Lasse, near Wacken around 17:30. We had dinner, and afterwards I was invited to an outdoor cinema show in Hamburg. We went most of the way by car. The rest of the way was made by canoe. When we got to the city centre we were met by police boats asking us to put light on our canoe. The law, but we thought it was a bit strange. We left the canoe with a huge group of other canoes, and tried to walk to the cinema show. But there was packed with people. We went back to the canoe and joined the group. There was like a hundred swimmers, and the same amount of canoes/cayjaks.
We all had torches (fakler).
There were thousands of spectators. We sailed half a round in the central lake of Hamburg, and lined up in first row for the firework.
I have newer seen a mega firework like that. It took nearly half an hour, and was mega cool, loud, bright and beautiful.
Another 45 min of canoeing finished a perfect day.
Now, I'm of to bed at my great hosts. Gute Nacht!
By the way. Don't panic if my location isn't updated. I'm probably still alive. The application only works when if have access to the internet. And there might be hours between I have access.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar