mandag den 20. september 2010

Day 24

Mineral hunters and seed collectors

Had breakfast with Nathalie, her mom and sister. They were all leaving for work. So I had a nice early start. Nathalie showed me some good bike routes with less hills, and especially no cars. One of the tracks was just behind their house. I went with the track for about 10 km.
It was great, a little bumpy though. In Hockay I tried to find another route along an old railway line. I went with it for about one kilometre, but turned around cause I was going in the wrong direction.
I went with the bigger roads, and Garmins suggestions. It was perfect. No traffic, and good roads. Hilly, though :)
I had plenty of time today, so I had time for some geocaching. I found one in a village named "Champagne". Cool :)
Nathalie gave me some chocolate bars in the morning, and they were great when climbing up mountains - the locals pronounce it "hills"...
Yesterday I climbed around 1100 meters. Today only around 800m, so a nice day.
The weather was fabulous today. Sun all day, and around 22 degrees. Great!
I was at my hosts, Rien and Jonna in Holzheim at around 15:30, so quite early compared with other days. Nice though, cause then Rien and I had time for a mushroom hunt while Jonna was cooking.
They are both mineral hunters, and showed me some of their huge collection. Jonna is also in to gardening and seed collection.
She also makes her own "snaps" so I could try some new ones. For example pineapple with coconut.
I'm staying here for another night, so I'll be working in the garden tomorrow. Great.
I'm staying at 560 metres above sea level, so I'm actually on top of Belgium.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar