mandag den 13. september 2010

Day 17

Left Peters place at around 9:00. I made couch requests before going to bed. Three going south, and an extra one going south west. Actually almost directly west. When I woke up a Jolien had already replied, so I was going west. Think I wrote south yesterday. Actually a family 60 km south also accepted me, but I sticked to my usual plan. I go with the first reply, and don't choose between the accepting hosts. It's still feels awful to request, and then afterward write back that I'm not coming anyway.
But a goal from the morning again, great. I only had about 50 km to Joliens place, so there was plenty of time for geocaching. I did five today, and all of them was at interesting spots. Jolien didn't want me to contribute with anything for dinner, but mentioned wine. One of the geocaches was at a winery, which was perfect. I went there, and a dog made sure that the owner knew I was there. I had a chat with him in German, and he showed me some of his winery, and I bough a bottle of red wine.
I had almost sun all day, so I did a lot of detours. Again I picked a lot of mushrooms. Garmins 50km became 67km, nice to have a short route that allowed me to do all these detours.
I arrived at Joliens place at 16:30. Had some coffee, and afterwards a shower. Her father, who lives near Groningen came down to visit Jolien. Well actually he was gonna help her making a room in her attic. After a great dinner (I cocked some mushrooms again, and no one has been sick yet...) we went out to buy stuff for the attic.
I offered my help tomorrow, so I'm gonna stay an extra day here in Zutphen. Gonna be great to do something else than bikeriding...
We had a glass of rum for a nightcap, so that feels like a good sleeping medicine. Good night. By the way, we had the Dutch wine for dinner, and it was surprisingly good. They use the same type of grape plants, that are used in Denmark.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar