lørdag den 18. september 2010

Day 21

Visited three countries today.
Had a quick breakfast with Bart. He was leaving for work, but said I should just take my time, and get organised. So I borrowed his computer, and updated a few things. I was Barts first couchsurfer, so pretty cool he just let me stay. I took of at 9:30
I went to the locale supermarket where I bought needles. I needed it for sowing on a new flag - the Dutch.
I headed towards Maastricht, but with no host yet. I crossed a border three times today, and I didn't notice any of them.
I got a couch, in Germany, so back to Germany. I only did 53 km today, and went really slow. Probably I was inspired of the school kids in Holland.
During a heavy rain shower I had a coffee at a cafe in Belgium. I had a long chat with a 73 year old retired police "kommissær". He usually does 175 km on his bike everyday. Kept him busy, and he could visit friends. I was going in the same direction, so he asked what my average speed was, 20, 25 or 30 km/h he asked. Garmin gave him the choking answer - 12.8 km/h... So no company for me :)
Well the speed is including walks, geocaching and photographing, and why hurry?
I was at my host, at 18:15. They live in a very big and cool house just across the Dutch border, and very close to Belgium.
They served a great dinner, and I made "my" microwaved blackberries with icecream and chocolate. I borrowed their computer, and made some requests in Belgium, around Liege.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar