torsdag den 9. september 2010

Day 12

Another crazy twist
I got up at 7 in Stadland. The kids had to go to kindergarten, and their dad, Ceryl invited me on a geocaching trip. I think we did 12 geocaches in about an hour. Cyril was the owner of most of them, so I had a live hint in hand. It was a good, fun, turbo tour. I left Stadland at about 11:30
I had made 5 request near Oldenburg, and thought it was more than enough.
23 km before Oldenburg I met a Dutch man on his bike. It was raining, and had been raining since 1pm. He was wearing cowboy jeans and something that looked like a jacket for skiing. He was soaked. I offered him dry clothes, but he rejected. He asked for the road to Oldenburg. I was going the same way, and told him that my friend Garmin would lead the way. Garmin (product placement again) showed us, as usual, the senic route. The wet Dutch Guy was sceptic. " we're in the middle of no way" he said atleast 5 times. As we got closer, signed toward Oldenburg appeared, and he got alot more positive. He told he was always following the main roads, but had to admit. Garmins route was much better, and scenic. We were in Oldenburg at 17:00
I checked my mail. No couch!
I went on the couchsurfing webpage, and joined an Oldenburg group. Made a "urgent" messages in their forum. 20 minutes later a Catharina offered her couch. Great, and thanks! I got there in 15 minutes. Pretty wet...
I had a hot shower, and got some lovely "abendessen". Catharina and a friend of hers were going to a paper theatre in
Wilderhausen, and I welcome to join. So at 20:00 we were sitting in a little theatre watching a papertheatre. Three hours ago I was on my bike, and with no place to stay...
I had never seen a papertheatre, but it was good. Specially the light impressed me, and the number of times he (a British Guy) had to change "puppets" and scenes. All drawn in hand...
Back in Oldenburg we had a beer, and off to bed.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar