lørdag den 25. september 2010

Day 29

Johannes flatmate, Jutta, was the only one of my hosts I saw this morning. I said goodbye, and headed for the trainstation. At the station was a bike shop, where I had my bike checked. After 1500 km I thought it was a good idea to have a service check. They usually need the bike for a day or two, but they were really nice, and i had the bike and Bob, back after half an hour. Price: 12€
I headed towards Koblenz following the Mosel river. I've realised that following a river is beautiful, but also makes it a little harder to make couch requests. There is not many couchsurfers living at the riverside. There is often plenty outside the valley, but that means quite alot if climbing, which Bob doesn't like. So today I had three different youth hostels I was aiming at. And a few couch requests that I didn't get any replies on.
I quickly realised that it was definitely the first youth hostel I was aiming at.
I pretty much drove on bike paths the hole day. There were signs everywhere, and no hills. I collected plenty of apples, walnuts and when I hit the Mosel, I tried so grapes to. I went through two cities were there was celebration of winter is coming (I think).
In one of these cities I had Fedderweiser, which is very young wine, still with bubbles. Pretty sweet.
I hit Bernkastel-keus at around 17. I went to the address of the youth hostel, or well I thought I did, but again, I had missed a slightly difference in the streetname. A friendly man smiled when I asked for the jugenherberg. He went out on the street with me, and pointed up on top of the closest mountain. " da" he said, and laughed. It was 6 km, and all going up, so I looked for other options. Well, in Germany, and especially in Bernkastel-keus, there is a lot of houses with "zimmer frei" signs. I drove around in the neighbourhood, and checked out the houses. Crazy how picky I suddenly was. I finally picked one, but they had no zimmer. I found a few more with same result. Strange now they had a sign with "frei".
I finally found a place. A "bike and bet" place. I got my own room with six beds. Really nice place, and the price is only 18€
I went out for dinner and had German junkfood. With that I had a beer with cola. Yak, that product will probably never make it.
The junkfood place even had internet connection, so I made some requests in Koblenz. One hour later I had a couch - great!
It will be a pretty long day tomorrow, but I'll leave early, and following the Mosel all the way to the Rhine.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar