søndag den 26. september 2010

Day 30

New record, and a perfect coincidence tomorrow.


I new I had a long day ahead of me, so I left early.
The GPS said 61 km in bird line. Didn't sound to bad, but.....
30 km, and some Mosel corners later, the GPS said 51 km to go.
I knew this, but still... :)
The weather was good. I only had a few showers.
Again, the bike paths were awesome. Flat, and very easy to follow. It was Sunday, so quite alot of people were out. There was lots of people collecting walnuts. Again I managed to collect a bag for my host, Heide, in Koblenz.
I had a little accident this morning. I got on my bike, and heard this ritzh sound. I had made a hole in my shorts - on the back side of me. The hole got bigger during the day, and must have given people a free laugh.
I got to Heides place at 17. Both my GPS and my phone had stopped counting the km's, but I did at least 134 km today. A bit to much, but also a good day for breaking the record. Nice and flat.
Heide had read my request, and served some great leftovers, and with that, we had white wine from the Mosel valley - perfect!
I borrowed Heides internet, and made some requests heading south following the Rhine. And with two long days along the Mosel, what would be the best tomorrow. Well, visiting two girls with their own yoga clinic of course... See their homepage here:
http://www.yogaklangundtherapie.de/19BG.htm

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar