mandag den 27. september 2010

Day 31

Yoga and Federweiser

Left Heides place at 8:00.
She left for work one hour earlier, so I had everything for myself.
I had a short day, so I went in to Koblenz city. I wanted to check out an outdoor shop. They didn't open until 10. It was quite a cold morning, so I found a cafe and had a coffee.
At the shop I went on shop amok mode. They had Fjällräven clothes on sale. So I bought jeans, a jacket and shoes. All things will handle the colder weather better that the stuff I brought from Denmark.
I left Koblenz at 11. Still in good time. I was following some signs saying "Rhein Steig". Stupid me thought that was the bike path following the Rihneriver. Well, I was following a river. Garmin complained as usual, but I followed the track for about 4 km. Then I realised, this river is definitely not the Rhine. I had a closer look on Garmin. Yep, I was following the wrong river... So I went back to the Rhine again. Following the Rhine was beautiful. The bike paths were not as good as on the Mosel, but they might be better on the other side of the river.
I had a couch in Saurthal with two girl. They run a yoga clinic, and via mail I was invited to join the evening group. So today I was trying to remember what yoga exactly is...
Time would tell...
On the way I bought a 2 litter plastic bottle with federweisser. Bob wasn't pleased with having alcohol strapped to him for the rest of the day. I bought it 30 km from my host. Not the most clever thing to do, cause they were selling it everywhere.
I knew I had to climb in the end of the day, but I didn't expect a hill like the one I met. The start of it had a degree of 25%. I was even struggling pushing Bob up that hill. It got better, but still very steep, so I mainly pushed Bob up this 3 km long hill. Nadine, one of my hosts, was home, and welcomed me with fresh springwater from Saurthals own spring. It's even sparkling - don't know how that's done underground. But great taste.
Nadine had her first yoga class at 17:30, so I had time to get organised, and preper my desert.
Between Nadines yoga classes we had desert. I joined the last yoga class.
The first, and last part was great. Lying on a mattress listening to bells. The middle part was also great, but in another way. Stretching my body in ways I didn't think possible. Definitely good for my body. Bikeriding might be healthy, but it's pretty static - compared with yoga.
Nadine and I ended the day with a few glasses of Federweisser. She's gonna get up at six to meditate. I think I'll pass...
Tomorrow is probably gonna be the shortest day on my trip. Nice way to celebrate one month of travelling. A couchsurfer that wanted to host me yesterday, wanted to meet Bob and I, so we will go there tomorrow. Basically it's just across the Rhine, so I have to catch a ferry. And I'm afraid he lives 450 metres uphill... He wrote there is a bus going up there, but that would be cheating, right?

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar