lørdag den 4. september 2010

Day 7

Big chok!
Got up at 6am. The kids at the family had to go to school and kindergarten. So after breakfast with the family I was ready for an early start. Couch requests were made ( Heide) on the street. Again a friendly German with open wifi - danke!
I had plenty of time, so I did a little city walk in Husum. This was when I got my big chok. I knew the magnetic stripe on my visa card was in a very poor condition, but the chip was fine. I visited five banks. All their "geld machines" uses the magnetic stripe, and not the chip. And the all informed me the fact, that it's the case with all machines in Germany. Jinx!
I had no idea what to do. Go back to Denmark... No way. I made a last attempt at a bank, and they had a newer machine that worked with the chip. One bank robbery less in Germany!
What a relief.
I had lunch at the harbour. Bob is beginning to understand his role as chikmagnet... Well he was a magnet on alot of old German people who was crazy about Bob, and chatting in German. My German teachers would be so proud if they could hear me.
Søren from Heide accepted one of my requests, so I had an address for my best friend "Garmin".
I was at Sørens place at 17:30. Did 68 km today, and again my knee was alright.
Søren is the third host whitout any references I have visited, but again it was a great experience.

We went to one if his friends place where we had a gaming night. Complicated rules are not always me. Imagen those rules in German!
We had a game of "Archlocher" as well. Much better :)

Tomorrow I think the goal is Gløckstadt.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar