onsdag den 22. september 2010

Day 26

To Luxembourg!

Left Jonna and Riens great place at 8:30
Had a fantastic time at their place. I'm pretty sure I know a person in Solfang who would love to order flower seeds from Jonnas webpage. I'll help with that when I get back home.
Today was the King stage. Garmin said 86 km, but I knew it was going to be longer, cause I was following the Our river that runs between Germany and Luxemburg.
The first part of the route 4 was going downhill. There was no traffic, I didn't see before after 4 km.
Bob wasn't in the mood for a long run today, so after 11 km he decided to to get a flat tire. Very mature!
It took me half an hour to fix, but it was at a nice sunny spot, so no worries.
Following the river/ valley was great. Spectacular views, pretty easy bikeriding, and little traffic. After some kilometres the sings lead me out of the valley. It was quite a climb. I went on a fairly big road. Not sure bikes were allowed here, so I tried to head back to the valley. Garmin accepted it after a while, and actually found a route that followed the river.
It crossed the border/ the river a lot of times. In a village in Luxemburg I thought, they might have a Luxembourg flag, and they had one! Great, that have been quite a struggle to find in the other countries. With the detour and the flat tire, I didn't have much time time for sightseeing today. Took alot of photos though. See them under pictures.
I was worried running a bit late, and I was getting close to do 100 km.
I thought the last bit would be an awful climb out if the valley, but it wasn't to much.
I was at my hosts, Johnny and Joelles place at around 16:30. Garmin, and my phone, gave me todays facts: distance 108 km, climbed 1468 metres straight up, Max speed 50 km/h
Johnny took me for an hours bush walk in their neighbourhood.. It was absolutely spectacular. Tomorrow I might stay and do some hiking..
Had dinner with the family and their German au pair, Nikki. The kids are 2 and five, and are adorable.

In the morning Rien said it would be my best day bikiring on my trip. He was right.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar