fredag den 17. september 2010

Day 20

Songs stuck in my head
Left Cuijk at 7:30, so a really early start. Had breakfast with Bert, and took off.
On the bike path I was behind a group of 5 school kids. They were driving really slow. I wasn't in a hurry, so I kept behind them. The 5 became 10, then 20, 40, 60.... Think there was 100 in the group in the end, and I was in the middle. Some kids behind me started singing not so nice songs about Germany (i have a German flag on Bob) i turned around and said hi in English, and said I'm not from Germany. Their attitude changed, and I had a little chat with them.
I thought it was going to be a short day, but cause of a lot of geocaching/sightseeing detours, I ended up driving 82km. I tried to follow some of the bike routes. Some was really good, others were like driving in sand - awful.
On the bike I often whistle, or sing. I've had a lot of songs stuck in my head the last weeks. For example "du hast die Hahre schoen", and " a German cowboy/ Indian song" " Bob the builder song" Bob hates that one. The world is not big enough for two Bobs, he says.

I was in Ospel at 17. A Bart was hosting me. He served a great meal. Afterwards I went with him to a youth group called "Jung Neaderland". He is a volunteer worker there. It was very interesting, and good fun. They had to organise the rest of the year with the young people, and that was quite funny to watch, even though I didn't understand much.
Tomorrow, I'm heading towards Maastricht.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar