torsdag den 30. september 2010

Day 33

Visa Card
Left Hu's place at 11:00
The first 5 km where all downhill - great!
I had a short day, again, so I planned to do a bit of geocaching. The first cache was awesome. It was hidden at an old bridge which crossed the Rihne before the second world war. I couldn't find the cache. Then I realised it was hidden on the last bit of the bridge, still standing. I finally found a place to climb it, probably illegal, but very interesting. Nature had taken over on top of the bridge. Trees and plants were everywhere. The cache was quickly found, and logged.
The official Rhine bike route looked boring; to far from the Rhine. Garmin's suggestion was even worse. So I found my own route following the Rhine, and visiting a few caches. The weather was perfect, and the road/ track I found was perfect to, so no worries at all.
I moved really slow though, but I had no rush.
My host, Leif, in Mainz wasn't home until 22, so I had time for some sightseeing and visiting a internet cafe.
I actually got involved in a bit of action in downtown Mainz. A homeless man was sitting on the pedestrian walk. He was sleeping, and had two big knives hanging out of his pants. A German girl and I tried to wake him up. He had some big wounds on his hands. Someone had already called the police, but we decided to call an ambulance instead. So both a police car and an ambulance came. They all put on masks, which I found wired. I wanted to leave, but the police wanted to talk with me. Apparently this man had a dangerous disease, so they asked me if I had touched or talked with the man. I hadn't, so the ambulance crew me go.
I got to Leifs place at 22:15.
My visa card hasn't made it to Mainz though. I've already got a couch tomorrow south from Mainz, so if it's not in the mail box tomorrow, I might travel a bit a round near Mainz.
The name on the mailbox wasn't that easy to spot, so my card might be on it's way back to Denmark.
I've found a few banks that accepts the chip, so the problem is not big anymore, but still nice to be able to pay with the card, and much cheaper.
Leif turned out to be a kiwi, so we had a long chat before going to bed at around 2am.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar