lørdag den 18. september 2010

Day 22

3 weeks, and a present from Solfang
I got up at 7:20. I wanted to say goodbye to Anne, who was leaving early for work. I brought a present to breakfast. For my self. It was a present from Solfang where I live in Denmark. It was a book with greetings. Thank you so much Solfang! it was great to read, and a great book to show to upcoming hosts.
I had breakfast with Annes husband, and just after breakfast I got a SMS from Anne. She advised me to go along the canal to Maastricht. So I headed towards the Julianakanaal. I think I went along there canal for about 10 km. A cache was waiting for me. It looked as an easy one, but I ended up spending one and a half hour searching for two.caches. I found one in a very cool place, but gave up on the second one. The bush was just to thick, and I gave up. This was after going through a river, and burning my self on 1000 nethles. Well, one cache was enough for today. I headed towards Belgium.
I got a couch in Vise with this 23 year man, Damien. He was living with his parents for a short time cause he is going move to Austria to do a Phd in robotic science.
Damien has crosed Scotland hiking/ sailing, and have done a long hike/ bike trip in Turkey. In the age of 23, this guy was very interesting to meet. In the evening we went out for a few beers with three of his friends. When you order a beer here, you quite often her some cheese with it. That's great!
I'm in the French part of Belgium, so I practise my French a bit. Think I know 20 words now...
I'm also getting used to the " kiss on cheek thing" when you meet a woman/girl. Only one cheek here, Thomas... :)
Damien, and his parents were really nice to me. They served a fantastic bbq, and I have clean clothes again, thanks!
Tomorrow, I'm heading further south, and apparently, now the hills/mountains are coming! Poor Bob!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar