fredag den 10. september 2010

Day 13

Dumpster diving
Katharinas philosophy was don't put on an Alarm clock. Your body will tell you when it's time to get up. Excellent. Definitely no kids in this home :)
Katharina made us a great breakfast. Afterwards we went to the center of Oldenburg where I finally found a Germa flag for the trailer. Katharina also showed me Oldenburgs nice, and newly renovated church.
I took of, and was heading south. Had requests in three different cities, but headed towards Vechna. That was lucky, cause it was here my next couch was. An Anelie accept s led my request. She wrote I didn't have to bring anything. They had plenty of food and wine. I thought that was a bit strange, being a student/ youth flat. Well, I went to an Aldi, and bought some candy, and was at their place at 17:30. Anelie was right, the kitchen was full of food. She told me the food was from "dumpster diving". They go to supermarkets at night time, and look in their big containers. Anelie and her flatmate had actually lived from this food for a whole month.
They asked me if I wanted to come with them dumpster diving. It sounded very exciting, so I said yes. Sorry mom... :)
We went to three supermarkets, and found heaps of food. Chocolate, soda, beer, candy, cheese, water and lots more. It was great fun. Back home we ate a little of the chocolate, had a few beers, and I had a long and interesting conversation with Anelies flatmate, who has travelled most of the world doing hitchhiking. Very interesting, and crazy stories he told me.
I only drove 50 km today, so that's wasn't to bad. But now I know the difference between driving with bike shorts, and without. (I wear them underneath)
After 36 km today I felt quite sore on my behind, and I realised, oups! I had forgotten to put on my bike sorts. So yes, they make a difference.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar