lørdag den 23. oktober 2010

Day 56

The truth about the St. Fallen experience

I was in St. Gallen for ten days. Why?
Well, was not sure what I wanted to do after St. Gallen. My trip was still great. The hosts, the experiences, the views, the purple before St. Gallen were, like all the others, great. A Dutch host adviced me to stop my trip while it's still great.

When I arrived in St. Fallen I checked the weather forecast for the upcoming week. It was cold, with snow. I arrived in shorts, but it looked like I was leaving in winter clothes.
I came up with an idea to find a Danish truck, and ask for a ride to Denmark.
It turned out, that my hosts in St. Gallen had a contact in Denmark. A speditions- company which often has trucks - in St. Gallen!
I contacted them, and referred to my contact.
They told me they usually don't offer these kinds of "rides", but said OK anyway. Great!
They told me they would have a truck in St. Gallen in the beginning of week 42. Perfect!
Well, I called them Tuesday, and they changed it to the end of the week.
It meant a total of ten days with my hosting family. I had a great time there, and they said no worries, so I stayed. Thanks!
The best part of the truck deal. I could bring Bob and my bike all the way to Denmark.
So why not write about my plans in my blog? well thought it would be fun to turn up back home "surprise style" :)

I left the family at 09:50, and drove 6 km to the pick up point.
The driver Villy was waiting. He had to pick up goods in St. Gallen and in Rorschache. The stuff in St. Gallen wasn't ready, so after a ride to Rorschache we went back to St. Gallen. Villy also got an extra pick up in Germany, so we only made it to Wuerzburg the first day.

We drove along the Bodensee, so I saw some of the same sights again, but from a higher seat :)

Interesting to follow Villy in his job. There is quite a few things to do as the driver. Crossing the border to Germany was a paper nightmare, but it went pretty smooth according to Villy :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar