lørdag den 9. oktober 2010

Day 42

99km again
Rainer served a big breakfast again this morning. Perfect for a bikeride...
He walked me to the street to say goodbye, and to see Bob in live action.
A fellow couchsurfer, and bikerider from Belgium once told me " getting into cities is easy, getting out can be a nightmare".
I wouldn't call exciting Freiburg a nightmare, but I'm glad my gps tracker didn't work, so you can't see my route... ;)
But great feeling once I was out, and have found a nice bike route.
I was heading for the Rhine route again. I actually crossed the Rhine to check the French bike path on their side. I couldn't find it, so back to Germany. The German track was like an autobahn for bikes. Gravel road, but very good, and direction straight to Basel.
The Rhine is about 200 metres above sea level, so I've climbed a little without noticing it.
I was following the "real Rhine". The French have stolen most of the water for their "Alsace canal".
So the real Rhine is quite small here, and very clear today.
My outfit was, again, shorts and t-shirt. I'm starting to get a bit of sun tan, meaning bikearms :)
My host, Roland and Nadia wasn't home before 18:30, so I had time for a cup of coffee and a walk in the biggest park in Basel, Kannenfeldpark. There was old men playing chess and drinking red vine, kids playing and people relaxing in the grass. Perfect October evening.
I met Roland at 18:30 in front of their house. They live in a 12 store building. He took me to the top of the building, where there was a great view.
One of Rolands friends came around for dinner. A good Swiss meal served with good Swiss beer. :)
Nadia came home at 22:30. We had a little look at options of bike routes in Switzerland.
Tomorrow I have a couch in Waldshut, which is on the German side of the Rhine. It's actually with a Danish man, Tommy Jespersen, so I'll speak Danish tomorrow :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar