tirsdag den 5. oktober 2010

Day 39

Thierry and I had breakfast together. He gave me a good advise to follow a canal to Mastric. A great advise. The track was perfect, and there was lots of things to see on the way. I think I saw around 300 swans in the canal. The canal also took me past the European parliament. I went in there for about half an hour. Not much to see, and awful to see a Mr. Messerschidt's name on a info stand about Denmark :)
I went in to the center of Strasbourg. Nice city with a giant church in the city center. I found a French flag and walked around before leaving towards Germany again. I had a couch in Friesenheim.
Getting in to Strasbourg was easy. Getting out was a bit more complicated. Well, it's easy to get out, but finding a good bike route wasn't that easy. I followed a canal for quite a while, but in a industrial area. Not that nice, but in the end I found a small road along the canal, and later, the Rhine.
I didn't follow the Rhine route at all today. I should be able to find it tomorrow, being on the German side of the Rhine. At least I can understand the signs :)
I got to my host, Christine's place at 16:30. I thought it was going to be a short day, but the detours on the French side made it a bit longer, 77 km.
Christine served a cup of coffee. I had a shower, and afterwards she took me for a drive in the area. We went to a lookout point from where we could see the church tower in Strasbourg.
Back home Christine cooked a great pasta meal with lots of garlic and chilli. We also had black tea with fresh Ginger, quite nice actually.
Tomorrow the goal is 79108 Freiburg - a Rainer is hosting me. Again the weather will be great for bikeriding. Sun, and around 22 degrees.
Christine offered to wash my clothes, great to have clean socks again :-)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar