lørdag den 2. oktober 2010

Day 36

2000 km done
Leaving hosts is quite often a strange feeling. I've just got to know them, and then I move on. I already miss quite a few of my hosts. This morning was no exception. I had a great time with the Rohleder family. I was really spoiled, with plenty of good food, vine, beer, but best of all, great company. Again I was their first couchsurfer. I've stayed a lot of places were I was the first, and they've all been perfect.

I went through a lot vineyards this morning. There was lots of the big gas cannons for bird scaring. Quite nervebreaking to pass them, but also a bit of action. Will it go off... :)
First stop was the city Worms. The October fest last night but my system needed a bit of recovery food. So the lunch was døner, fries and coke.
I was heading for Hiedelberg, but none of my requests was accepted, and Mannheim was close. So I went there and made a last minute request in the Mannheim forum. No luck though, and I was of to the youth hostel. It's located on Rheinpromenade, so pretty nice place.
The evening was spend in an internet cafe looking up European bike routes.
Tomorrow I'm back couchsurfing. A Jan in Karlsruhe has accepted my request. Excellent.

Thanks for all the greetings in my guestbook. I usually check it several times a day.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar