onsdag den 20. oktober 2010

Day 54

Tom on Tour

Yep, left St. Gallen today! Well, for most of the day.
Went with public transport to Wasserauen. A very great train tour, with great views. We had snow this morning, also in St. Gallen, but climbing the hills with the train was spectacular. The amount of snow got bigger getting closer to the mountains. In Wasserauen they had about 5 cm, but wet snow. I started my climb towards Seealpsee. Easy climbing on stairs and track. After half an hour, on the steepest part of the track I met around 20 soldiers. Each of them was pulling a horse. They were maintaining the track. Apparently there is still 4 of these groups in Switzerland. They were going really slow, so it took a while to pass me. I wasn't in a hurry though, and found the this "caravan" quite cool. The soldiers didn't find the cold and wet weather cool, and they really didn't get why I was hiking in this sort of conditions.
It was a little wet, but after climbing half an hour the temperature was around 0 and the snow, around 10 cm, was pleasant to walk in.

I took a lot of pictures. See some of them on my page on facebook, or on this site.

It was quite cool to see trees with green leaves, covered in snow.
I also saw two little snow slides while walking. They look cool and sounds scary.
Reaching the Seealpsee was pretty easy, even though I was the one setting the first footprints in the snow, which meant finding the track wasn't always easy :)
I decided to walk around the lake. On my way I met two Swiss artist. They were working at a nearby restaurant doing a show with singing, acting and drawing.
They advised me to visit " their" restaurant after walking around the lake.
I could follow their track all the way to the restaurant, a restaurant that can only be reached walking/ hiking.
I met the artists at the restaurant, and had a long chat with one of them, Yvonne. She actually gave me her CD which I look forward to hear.
I had sausage with røsti and onion sauce at the restaurant. Especially the sauce was great!
Walking back down from Seealpsee was interesting. Still very beautiful, but slippery road.

The train ride back to St. Gallen went great. I met Annita and the kids in the central part of the city, and we went back to their house together. Rasmus was also on the bus, so we were all together.

After another great meal Rasmus and I saw champions leauge. The Danish team, fc Copenhagen, was beaten 2-0 by Barcelona.

Tomorrow is my last day in St. Gallen. Leaving the Hauch family Friday morning. So Bob has to leave the warm basement.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar