søndag den 10. oktober 2010

Day 43

My host for tonight called me at 00:13 with a good message. I had a couch in Waldshut. He didn't give me his address, but told me to call him once I was in Waldshut. A bit strange, but Garmin knew the place..
I had breakfast with Roland and Nadia, and took of.

Getting out of Basel went really well, quick and easy, and back to the German side of the Rhine with lots of signs and directions.
The trip today was short'ish - 71 km, so I had time to find two geocaches, and take it easy.

20 km before Waldshut I saw two other bikers having a little trouble with a chain. I was able to help them. They were glad, and I had company for the rest of the biketrip.
I got to Waldshut at 16:20, found a central place and called Tommy. He was a little surprised, and had managed to forget that I was coming within 16 hours. But I was still welcome. I still didn't get any address, but directions. I managed to find his meeting point, and we went to his apartment.
Actually a little strange to explain about my trip, Bob ect. in Danish, so far I've only done it in German and English.
Tommy served a good Danish dinner. Beef with onions and potatoes - excellent.
His a designer, so he had lots of interesting things to tell.
After dinner we saw the German version of talent, and the movie Transporter3. A movie where I could switch my brain of for 1.5 hour. Perfect. We also had a glass of Grappa which was quite good.
Afterwards we had a talk about politics. Interesting to talk with someone who has a totally other opinion than me.
Haven't reseved a couch for tomorrow yet, but I'm still heading east along the Rhine. There is some quite big hills starting to turn up near the Rhine, but still no need to climb them.
Can't remember if I've written it, but I have a goal at the moment. I'm invited to stay with friends in St. Gallen, Switzerland. It's at around 600 metres above sea level, but the Rhine is already 300 metres above sea level, so probably won't be a problem.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar