fredag den 8. oktober 2010

Day 41

A day without bikeriding
Rainer served a very fine breakfast with lots of choices. He was going to work, but before going he took me to the top of a nearby mountain, Shauinsland 1302 metres above sea level. We could see The Alps in Switzerland. With snow on them. There is a short movie clip from the lookout on Bob and Tom on facebook. Follow the link from the welcome menu.
Today, again, the weather was beautiful. 23 degrees and sun all day.
Rainer drove me to the centre of Freiburg. He was working there, and I could do some sightseeing.

Many of the taxis in town had a commercial on it. "Kopenhagen flight ticket for 17€"
So I'm not that far away, but still, it's by plane. :)

I also went into the "cathedral of our beloved lady Freiburg i. Br." well, that what's the brochure said...
There was a great view from the tower - and lots of stairs.

Great to have a bit of time without Bob. Bob is in a dark basement with a lot of other bikes, in case you worry.

Freiburg was a great city. They have little creeks running through many of the central streets.
I went home to Rainers' place with a tram. Don't think I've driven tram since New Zealand in 2000.

Rainer got home from work at about 18. He told he had booked a table at a restaurant. He wasn't in the mood for cooking. But we were both in the mood for eating, so we took of.
The restaurant was 15 min drive away. A traditional German restaurant. We had a big Wiener schnitzel, and afterwards a great desert, ice cream with warm raspberries. Great stuff.
So as you can imagine, a perfect resting day in Freiburg with good company.

Tomorrow I'll be in Switzerland,
I've already been accepted at my next place in Basel. So back to the Rhine, and south!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar