mandag den 11. oktober 2010

Day 44

Left Waldshut and Tommy at 10:00, so a little late start. He was still sleeping, so I left a note, and sneaked out.
I had no couch yet, but I headed for Schaffhausen in Switzerland. Another short day, but hills are coming up :)
I did the mistake of drinking coffee just before going to bed, so I didn't sleep that well, so the short day was perfect.
It was a cold day. Around 12 degrees and windy. Not that nice, but no rain though.
In the middle of nowhere I was struggling a little. Bob was crying, and I was cold. Then I met a man on a really old bike. He had a giant grey hair and beard, and a huge smile. That's what can bring my spirit back on track - he looked so cool.
I'm actually writing this part of the blog in a cafe where I've just ordered a coffee and a wurst und kaese salad.
I've just climbed a hill of 460 m, or 2.67 times higher than the highest hill in Denmark... So a coffee is a good price for our struggle. :)
wow, the salad was Huge, and with lots of bread.
After this great meal my next goal was Schaffhausen where the Rhinefall is. Just as I got there the sun came back, and the temperature went up - Perfect!
I took a boat to the middle of the waterfall, and climbed a rockface so I found myself with water all way around me. Cool place.
I went to Schaffhausen.
I had no couch so I turned on my wifi scanner, and found internet within 3 min, as usual in bigger cities. I googled nearest youth hostels, and there was one two km away. Excellent. I went there, and they had a bed free. I also ordered dinner. At dinner a German dad, and his son, Joachim and Jonathan, joined me. They were also on a biketrip, and are heading the same direction as me tomorrow. After dinner we played Rommy and had a few beers. Excellent.
Tomorrow I have a couch in Konstanz, where a Berthold is hosting me.
Next stop after Konstanz should be St. Gallen.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar