tirsdag den 12. oktober 2010

Day 46

Record broken!

Had breakfast with Berthold at 7:30. He was of to the doctor, and I could have a nice early start on another short day.
I downloaded a few geocaches at a wifi spot - nice to take me off the route, and breaks the bike tour in to smaller pieces. I only found one though :)
One of the ones I didn't find let me to a carwash where you could also wash your bike. A great system they should bring to Denmark. I must have been a little tired. First I tried to put euroes in the machine. Afterwards I filled 7 Swiss franc into the machine. That gave me alot of time to clean the bike and the trailer. So they were both very clean when I left.
I drove along the Bodensee today. Nice tour. The lake is 539 square kilometres big, and 252 metres on the deepest place. Looks like an ocean. I was running really early today even though I tried to find geocaches and also had a little break were I had to straighten a gear arm.
Today, the goal was a little special. My friends Annita and Rasmus lives in St. Gallen with their two kids, Tilde and Magnus.
I was at their place at 14:00, after a little climb that was easier than I expected. I managed to beat my record altitude. Now, my maximum is 718 metres above sea level.
Annita served homemade scones - yum!
Afterwards we went for a little walk to the nearest playground with the kids.
Rasmus was back home at around 18. We had a lovely dinner.
The Danish team was playing culloden Cyprus qualifying for the European championship.
So we had beers, Danish candy - hygge!
Tomorrow is a resting day in St. Gallen. No plans yet, but a few things on the to do list though.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar