onsdag den 5. marts 2014

New adventure: Sri Lanka

Traveling again.
One month exploring Sri Lanka!
Flew with Qatar Airlines. Especially the flight from Copenhagen to Doha was a brand new, state of the art, jumbo jet. Great facilities on economy class.

Landed on time in Colombo, Sri Lanka. 3am.... Not the best time.
Had some breakfast, and decided to catch a tuk tuk to Negombo. Asked quite a few drivers. Prices from 1000 to 2200 rupees.

I told the driver I had no accommodation before after lunchtime, but wanted a hostel or guesthouse close to mine, and with 24hour service.
He had a look at my booking, and decided to call my guesthouse. 4am in the morning. Hmmmm...
So we went there, I apologized for showing up way too early. But the manager was really nice. Gave me a softdrink, and sorted out a quick bed for me.

Had a good night sleep, and was ready for exploring before lunch. No jetlag.
And I got another room with a king size bed an fan.

Have been walking around Negombo. Eaten local food at the little places off the main, touristy road. Very nice. Food: Kottu.

Visited a catholic church, packed with people. Lots of people standing outside the church.
Have two nights left in Negombo before heading ? :)

Pictures: 
-drive by church in tuk tuk.
- some sort of lizards
- local, yummy food. Menu: 13kr 1.6€
- Negombo is known for it's fishermen and fishmarket.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar