onsdag den 19. marts 2014

Ella rock

Was planning to walk to Ella rock at 5:30am, but it was raining heavily, so went back to bed.

My first job was to book a Sri Lankan cooking course as an evening activity.

To get to Ella rock you need to take this route:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwBtqcORKXYkdExSTUZhUmhMZlE/edit?usp=drivesdk

I recorded my route going back to Ella.
The track towards Ella rock was a challenge. Everywhere local "guides" try to take you off the track, and guide you up their own little track, and they'll ask for money once you reach the top.

There's arrows pointing in all directions, so not easy to trust them. And the guides hide/remove the right arrows.

Cause of guides and tracks going everywhere the climb took me three hours.

At the top I had a great view. A local man was selling tea, which was nice.

On the top I also met an English couple, Caroline and Christopher.
I followed them back to Ella, and they ended up booking the same cooking course in the evening.

The course was held in Ella Spicegarden by a very young man. He did really well, and we had a great night learning how to cook Sri Lankan food.

Photos from Ella rock and the cooking course.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar