fredag den 21. marts 2014

Alone in Polhena

A day at the beach

Woke up early to go snorkeling in the shallow water. The water is usually clearer in the morning.

I saw lots of fish and live coral. Unfortunately a lot of dead coral too.

I saw 4 guys snorkeling in the shallow water. I asked them what they were hunting. One of them explained they were looking for gold. Gold?  Well, lost jewellery from tourist!
"3 months, no catch" one of the announced...
Crazy!

Have spend the day organising... What's next...
Decided to book a ticket to the Maldives. It's so close, and I've seen a lot of Sri Lanka.

So flying out of Colombo tomorrow.

Polhena, the area in Mattara where I stay is nice. The beach is near, and I'm staying in a guesthouse 20 meters from the ocean.
Polhena beach is apparently a popular beach for school trips. This means the beach is busy during the day, but at night time everything 'dies'. It's definitely low season already. There's guesthouses and hotels everywhere, but no tourist at all. The restaurants and guesthouses are desperate. I'm the only one in the guesthouse. I had dinner at a seaside restaurant, as the only guest.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar