torsdag den 13. marts 2014

On the move

Left Kandy at 9:45

Had a great time at Sanjay and family's house.
Wasn't sure about where I was heading when I left them.
Chose the popular Adams's Peak.

Took a train from Kandy to Hoffa. An amazing train ride with great views all the time. From Kandy a bus to Nallatanniya.
A very interesting busride. Packed with people. Winding mountain roads.
We got stuck in a sharp corner. After 15 minutes looking, honking and not knowing what to do, the driver decided to try, and succeed... Pheeew....

All tourists got out of bus at the first guesthouse. I took a chance, and stayed in the bus.
At the end station I got out. Walked for a little while and met a nice old lady, 90 years old, and still going strong. She was working in a nearby guesthouse. Green House.
So glad I met her. Cheap rooms, great food, and perfect location.
It's 8pm and I'm already in bed. Some German tourists and I are climbing Adam's Peak from 2am... We want to get to the top before sunrise.

Pictures:
- Kandy trainstation
- All doors open, always
- view from the train ride towards Hotta.
- view from the Green house in   Nallatanniya

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar