søndag den 16. marts 2014

Nuwara Eliyas secret guesthouse

I planned to visit Horton Plains, but prices are a little high, and Nuwara Eliya had lots to offer.
I started the day exploring a huge forest close to the guesthouse. First challenge was to find a path into the forest.
After some search I found a track and the end of the road near Green Forest Hotel.

I followed a waterpipe into the forest. Lots of butterflies, frogs and birds. And no entrance fee! :)  Sri Lanka has entrance fees for most places.
I ended up following a creek, but it got a little difficult and muddy, so I turned around and walked back to the road.
Found a tuk tuk, and headed in to Nuwara Eliya for some lunch.
I was back at the guesthouse Sri Helyes inn in the afternoon. (http://goo.gl/maps/cZKcY)
I had a good chat with the woman running the place. She is really nice, and cook some great meals.
I promised to tell my friends about her guesthouse, but explained a tripadvisor and booking.com account is very important to have. Most tourists find their accommodation through these websites.
Hopefully some tourists will Google, and find this blog entry. :)
I can definitely recommend the place. The city is only 150 rupees away, probably 100, but the 15 minute walk is also nice.

In the evening I visited the childrens village again, and had a chat with a worker from the management. He told me a lot about the place, and I explained about the social worker education in Denmark, and how some students do work experience in other countries. He was very interested, so I'll try to make a contact.

Back home at the guesthouse I was served another great meal. So much food!

Tomorrow, I'm moving on. Ella is next, I think.

Photos from the hike, the guesthouse and childrens village.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar