torsdag den 6. marts 2014

Negombo

Have been staying for two nights (almost three) at Colombo Airport hostel. Only 20 minutes from the airport :) and not in Colombo.
But definitely a nice place with a very friendly housekeeper. She is taking very good care of the guest. A lot of Russian tourists here for some reason...
Probably just invading Sri Lanka too...

The area seems very safe, people are very friendly, and are often smiling.
Of cause, there's a lot of people trying to sell stuff, but that's same same everywhere.

I visited a school today. Saw it from a church I was visiting, and took the chance and walked in the to schoolyard.
I met the religion teacher, and she took me to the principals office.
We had a chat about their school and schools in Denmark. I was also introduced to some the kids. Apparently the poorest area around Negombo.

Very interesting visit.

In the street I met another friendly tuk tuk driver (there's manny).
He offered a guided tour for 1500 rupees. I had lunch, but met him again, and agreed on a tour. 

He showed me the fishmarket, a temple, and took me to see his house, his kids and wife. 

Very nice guy, so his taking me on a guided tuk tuk ride up north. A three day tour. 

Pictures:

- butterfly, the school, sunset and temple shot. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar