søndag den 30. marts 2014

Hulhumale

Left Maafushi this morning. A beautiful day with calm sea. You can sit on the roof of the ferry, which gave a perfect view in the pleasant morning temperature.

Now located on a new island, Hulhumale. It has a connecting road to the airport, perfect.

My guesthouse has a nice view to the beach.
The receptionist adviced me to go snorkeling at the north east corner of the island.
A great advice.
It was a shallow area with lots of live coral, and lots of life. The area had lots of current which made it a very interesting spot for snorkeling. I could drift along the north coast while watching the life less than a meter under me.
Some places I had to steer to avoid collisions with the sharp coral.
I saw two eaglerays cruising away from me.

The beach on the north coast of Hulmumale is the total opposite.

Terrible proof when I was back on the shore. I met a local man who seemed interested in me, and which fishes I had seen. He was telling about the nice area while drinking a can of redbull. When we left each other, he threw the can on the beach. Next to hundreds of bottles and cans... Hmmmmmm..... 

Only the popular beaches are clean. The rest is covered with rubbish. Awful, and crazy culture! 

Flying back to Colombo tomorrow. 

Photos: from the Maafushi - Male ferry.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar