søndag den 23. marts 2014

The sandbank

Wasn't entirely sure what I was joining today. Went to Jetty#1  and waited.
Apparently, my new friend Shaan had managed to get me on a 25us$ sail tour. The tour is meant for people working in the Maldives. Usually no tourist join this tour. We were only 6 people onboard. Everyone, except me, was working with tourism.
All young people from 5 different countries.

We sailed for about 1 hour to reach a big sandbank, with a tiny sand island in the middle.

We went for a swim, and we relaxed at the bank. I was snorkeling in the edge of the bank. There was heaps of coral and colorful fish. A very nice place for snorkeling.

We had a nice lunch onboard with fresh MahiMahi fish.

Back in Male late afternoon. Two from the crew took me to a nice guesthouse where I'm staying for the night. Half price from yesterday. 55us$.

Again I managed to find a nice local meal for very few $$.

Tomorrow I'm probably off to another island. Male is basically one 'big' city covering the entire island of Male. Busy, but still laid back compared with Sri Lanka's bigger cities.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar