mandag den 31. marts 2014

Back in Negombo

The flight from Male was one hour delayed. So plenty of time to spend my last Rufiyaas in Male airport. An airport with only one, busy, runway.

Almost no one on the plane, so I went to the best window seat to a nice view of the Maldives from above.

After three weeks in Sri Lanka it feels like coming home. I know my way around know.
Know a tuk tuk to the train station is maximum 150 rupees.

The policeman checking my passport was asking me for a second visit visa. I'm 95% sure my visa allowed two visits.
Anyway, he offered me a new visa if I could "help him a little"...
100 rupees was clearly not enough. 200, same look on his face. I said I would just go to the immigration counter and have it fixed. If he was right I was looking at a 25us$ fee. But now, the 200 rupees was enough, and I got my visa and another stamp in my passport.

At Katunayake train station, the station manager invited me inside. Overprice again, was my first thought. I was wrong. He was really friendly and told me a lot about the job as a station manager, and the system in Sri Lanka.
He showed me the stations safe, extra money and tickets. The one room also had a bed for him to sleep.


Back in Negombo a tuk tuk driver wanted to show me a nearby 1000 rupees guesthouse. When I got there they wanted 2000 rupees pr night, but they quickly accepted 1000 rupees.
They seem very friendly. Tomorrow they will try to help me finding some Sri Lankan tools.

Photos: view from the window at Enzaa guesthouse.  from the plane and the train station.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar