tirsdag den 1. april 2014

Buying tools in Negombo

Today's mission: buy useful souvenirs.

I wanted to buy useful things to bring home. Have seen a lot of cool knives and tools. The manager of my guesthouse knew a place. I was pretty sure I had seen the place when I was on my tuk tuk trip to Trimcomalee.
Anyways, his brother, a tuk tuk driver was eager to drive us there, of course :)

It's definitely low season now. Everyone seems desperate to milk a few rupees out of the few tourists hanging around.

We went there. My 'friend' knew a place where I would get local prices. Aha.....

We went there, lots of places selling tools and knifes. I took a tour, and quickly realized I could get cheaper tools elsewhere than my friends place. Great....
Not a huge difference though. I ended up buying 4 different tool/knifes. Interesting if the airport police will accept me traveling with them.
They probably just need a little $help$.... :)

My lunch was a stack of rotty. You'll get a huge stack, but you'll only pay for the ones you eat. The rest goes back to the display. Wonder how many times one rotty can travel back and forth in one day...
There's plenty of different ones. Some spicy, some average. But all really nice, and usually only 35 rupees each. (2dkr)

Last night in Sri Lanka tonight. Leaving the country tomorrow at 10pm.

Photo: Rotty

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar