tirsdag den 11. marts 2014

The train to Kandy

Left Kutuwa train station at 10:23.
Had to wake up the man selling tickets, so definitely a little station. The ticket for Kandy, third class was 110 rupees. (5kr). For approx 6 hours train ride.
I had to change train in Ragama, but again, helpful locals made it very easy.

On the train, standing most of the time, I talked with a lot of nice, curious people.
Bob was handing lollies out to kids, and l Läkerol.
I've brought a lot of salty licorice, and have had a lot of fun handing it our to colals.

There was a constant flow of sellers and musicians in the train. Selling prawn cookies, pineapple, drinks, books, shrimps, corn ect ect. All yelling out.
Good entertainment.

I Kandy I got on the right bus towards Polgolla university.
Quite a challenge with so many busdrivers shouting their route. Again a local helped me. Towards Polgolla.

Now located at a yoga guesthouse.
A family business.
Very nice couple with a great son.
Had a short mediation session before a great vegetarian dinner.

Pictures
- Polgolla trainstation
- something I was given.
- A seller in the train

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar