onsdag den 6. april 2011

Paris, security woman afraid of my Leatherman, and an 8€ haircut including extras...

Had breakfast with Marianne and the boys. They don't go to school on Wednesdays, but instead they go to a day care sort of place.
We took the boys there, and afterwards we drove to Créteil Préfecture. A huge shopping mall. Left Marianne there, and took a short look in the mall. My backpack is overloaded, so not point in shopping.
Took the metro to in the area where the Eiffel tower is. Went for a walk, and ended up at the tower. Bob is afraid of heights, and a security woman was afraid of my Leatherman, so I didn't go up in the tower. The security woman asked if I could hide the knife somewhere, and come back... I thought about it, but then again. Hiding a 120€ lifesaver wasn't an option. And it's just a stupid tower. :-)
Instead I took a nap in the sun next to the tower. Very warm day - 23 degrees. Tomorrow the same.
Afterwards I took some random buses. Had no clue where I was heading. I jumped off at Champs-Élysées, and ended up at the Palais de la dècouverte. Natural historical museum kind of place. Most of the information was written in French, so not the most interesting place...
Did some random metro/ bus driving again.

An Indian hairdresser offered me an 8€ haircut. Sure!
He could say "hello" in English, and that was pretty much it.
I pointed to a guy next to me and said "like him". The simple haircut took like 40 minutes. Afterwards he filled my hair with some lemon stuff, and gave me a head massage. The icing on the cake was "breaking my neck" to both sides. Didn't see that one coming. You wouldn't see that in Denmark. :-)

Back home at Mariannes place at 20:15 - still wearing shorts and t- shirt.

Tomorrow I'm gonna do a bit more tourist stuff and maybe some geocaching. Gonna say goodbye to Marianne and the boys, and move to a new host for the last night.

By the way. Don't get used to daily updates. Once I hit Martinique, I'll probably won't be able to update my blog. And definitely not once I start sailing.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar