onsdag den 13. april 2011

Martinique, the hike again

Well, I know I wrote I was leaving Anse Cafard today, but then the nice woman at the reception talked me into taking another day. And the whole crew from the ship wrote me they were doing the hike I did yesterday.
They were getting of the bus really close to my hotel, so a great option to met them before jumping on board (or escaping :)
I met them, all nice people. Just as I met them a couchsurfer (Thomas) called me. He offered me a couch tomorrow, and a pickup. And even a drop off near the ship on Friday. Well isn't that great!
Looking very much forward to meet them.

The hike today was easier than yesterday. The crew brought the five year old Tor. I was sure they were gonna carry him the most of the way. He turned out to be the coolest five year old I've ever met!
He climbed to the top and down again afterwards. A three hour hike a lot of adults would struggle to do. Very cool. I showed the Geocache at the top.
At the foot of the mountain we had a drink. Five minutes later the crew found out a bus was leaving in three minutes. They left.
As I was waving goodbye a local man thought I was waving at him. He came over, bought me a drink, and introduced me to two of his friends.
I had lunch with them. They spoke absolutely no English, but I managed to talk with them for three hours.
They were offering me a ride back to my hotel, but they had at least 7 drinks during our conversation. So I took a bus to my hotel. Think they were a little disappointed me not going with them. I was more concerned about which one of them who was driving. The one sleeping, or the one chatting to me French.
Have uploaded a picture of me trying to explain my trip, my job, my age and so on... Pictionary in real life.
Also a few pictures from the hike.




Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar