mandag den 11. april 2011

Martinique, 9 hour in a plane seat

The flight trip to Martinique went fine. Half an hour late, so 9 hours in a plane seat. Now easy for a hyperactive fellow like Bob.
In Martinique getting my backpack was a bit of a struggle. The conveyor belt area was packed with people. There was no information about which belt had luggage from which plane. But with only two belts I managed to choose the wrong one. The right one broke down after 15 min, but after an hour I had my things.
My host Meri picked me up at the airport. So nice!
I had written I could walk, or take a taxi, cause I thought Meri, Romeo and their daughter lived close to the airport. It was a 20 min drive in car, so glad I didn't walk :-)

In Balata, Romeo welcomed me with a hug, and Frida (9 month) seemed to accept the Danish stranger.

We had a great evening and I managed to stay awake until 22:00
I slept on the balcony. Great temperature there, and heavy rain during the night was only calming.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar