mandag den 11. april 2011

Martinique, turtle on the beach

My host made some last minute changes, and flew to Paris today. He was kind to find a payable hotel for me in Diamond. (58€ pr night)
He even drove me to the hotel.

So I'm chillin on the south of Martinique.
I went for a walk on the beach today. It started to rain, so I went to a restaurant. With the rain I think we were close to hit 25 degrees. Pretty cold :-)
At the restaurant I ordered the fish menu of the day. I'm pretty sure it was a piece of salmon - just like the one you buy in Denmark. Not particularly Caribbean I guess? :-)
In the close by supermarket they had Norwegian fish in the fridge... Hmmmmm. Strange world...
I was, of course, being environment friendly, and bought local food. Rum and bananas... And sunscreen.

On my way back to the hotel a man kept waving to me. I was sure he was trying to sell me something. Then I realised he wanted me to stop. There was a giant turtle on the beach. She was lying eggs. Cool!
After a while there policemen came, and blocked the beach. But they were also busy doing what all others were doing - taking photos.

Very cool experience.

I'm in Diamond until Wednesday. Then I'll move close to Anse Lane where the ship is. I'm hoping to find a couchsurfing host for the last two days.




Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar