tirsdag den 12. april 2011

Martinique, swimmingpool, or climbing a mountain

A three hour hike was planned for today.
Some of the crew from the ship had also this plan. Same area actually. They chikkened out though :)
The weather wasn't the best for a mountain hike. The receptionist at the hotel looked at me as I was crazy when I asked for directions for the start of the hike.
After some tries, Garmin helped me, and I started climbing. After
50 minutes climbing I was at the top. Some very hard 50 minutes!
Bob was in my pocket all the way. He was singing a song about dying alone from a snake bite on a remote mountain track.
I met 0 people on the entire hike. It took me about 4 hours, including lunch at the top. Fantastic view!
My clothes was drying in a bush. Soaked of sweat!
On the way back to the hotel I met a German couple. They gave me a ride back to Anse Cafard. So nice.
Even though I have barely seen the sun today my head have had enough sun. The UV index is about 13!
Near the top of Morne Larcher I found a Geocache.
Gonna jump on the ship Friday. Sailing Saturday. First stop is Saint-Pierre on the northern part of Martinique.





Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar