søndag den 17. februar 2013

Diet: loose 5 kilos in 3 days?

Here's the deal
Book a three day challenging jungle trek with Mr. Chart (office in Pai)

Two days before the trek:
Eat a lot of Thai food. Especially street food...
(disclaimer: you might/should feel sick already the same evening)
The following day your gonna visit the toilet quite a few times...

Trekking day...!
You wake up, feeling ok, not 100%, but what the hell, we're going to the jungle!
So go trekking! Easy!

Here's my experience with the diet:

Met Mr Chart at 8:30 in the morning. 8 other jungle warriors wannabes turned up. And 1 helper. Mr Chart wanted an early start, but there's ALWAYS time for a whiskey. (whiskey lovers: keep your expectations low, and don't expect whiskey)
My stomach was still not running 100%, so borrowed the toilet. 15% was closer..

Told Mr Chart about my situation, but he said I would be fine. Gave me some medicine, and probably offered me another whiskey.
I had brought some medicine myself, which hadn't done much help apart from getting rid of my fever. But felt sort of alright.

We got into two trucks. I was offered the front seat, and slept most of the half hour drive. Strange after sleeping all night...

Well, we got of. (Thomas body 56%)
Starter trekking. Beautiful trek.
I was sweating way more than normal doing a quite easy trek. Drank buckets of water, which I quickly realised, forced me to quick toiletvisits. (41%)

Two hours of trekking we had a little rest. The group was worried about me. (18%)

I was so tired. My stomach actually felt alright (apart from the often jungletoilet visits). But my energy level was close to zero.
Mr Chart served me a sort of concentrated Red Bull (energy drink), and said I needed to rest.
So for the rest of the day, whenever we had rest, I laid down and slept, immediately! I couldn't really eat, but was served water containing some sort of powder containing sugar, salt and stuff...
Can't remember much of the first day, but the feeling when Mr Chart said "here's our camp" I was sooooo glad.
Went straight to "bed" and was only awake when going to the jungletoilet, or whenever Mr Chart was offering me food, drinks and stuff...
So probably 13 hours of sleeping, while the rest of the group was having a party. I heard close to nothing.

Day two started out pretty much the same, but felt a little better. I was running on water and lolies, and very little food. Manly just rice and noodles. Had absolutely no appetite.
Still with frequent toilet visits and still slept most of the little breaks away.
And now in the middle of the jungle...
We got to our camp, a tiny village in the mountains.
I was feeling alright, but needed a little rest, as usual...
Still absolutely no appetite, but Mr Chart was serving great food. With spices from the jungle. Some of them "not so spicy", so had to try.

Good night sleep on a shared bed (bamboo with blanket ontop) approx 50cm room pr person.

Third day
Some sort of appetite back. Great!
A great day trekking, manly downhill. Downhill to the amount where we wanted to go uphill again.

Now back in Pai, and after a shower, dinner with the group, and very little beer, I'm almost back to normal again.
And five kilos lighter I guess.

Would I recommend the diet: no!
Would I recommended trekking with Mr Chart even though he charges more than the others: yes!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar