torsdag den 16. juni 2011

The Atlantic, day 2

Distance: 120 nm

Lea woke me up at 4am... "it's nearly 4" she said. It was my turn to steer. We're doing two hour shift, and then two hours "second steerman". At 4am this means time for bed for number two, so Lea went downstairs to sleep. I can wake her if I need any help. This meant I had the whole cockpit to myself. With eight people onboard, this is actually pretty nice, and with a beautiful sunrise, a coffee and a bare foot on the wheel, it's a perfect time.

In the late morning, tunas turned up. They got really close to the ship.
Rasmus and I found the fishing equipment. We was fishing for alot of hours. Tonny also joined, but no luck.
Luckily Lea made us a nice fresh baked bread.

We can't see land anymore. A few birds are still here, and often we see rubbish in the water.

Another day with very little wind, headwind, meant another day running by engine.

I also tried taking a bath behind the ship, hanging in a lifeline..excellent!



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar