mandag den 8. april 2013

Dinnermusic

Still in Manila. Doing to tourist thing. Visiting giant Malls. Buying some souvenirs, and trying lots of different food.
Staying in central Manila in a pension called Adriatico Pensionne Inn.
850p (120kr) for my own fanned room with satellite TV. Including breakfast.
This morning I woke up to dinner music outside my window. At 6:30...
Now I'm back at the breakfast area (with wifi), and the same cd is still playing... :-)
Walking down the street is very interesting. Lots of people trying to sell watches, sunglasses, laserpointers and girls...
There's plenty of poor people sleeping/living in the street.
A lot of kids begging for food and money. I always bring a lot of sweets in my pocket. Probably not the best to give to kids without as toothbrush, but Bob is helping me, and makes it very entertaining for the kids, me, and the people who often are lining up to watch Bob fight the kids.
Today I gave 50p to a woman just to get rid of her. She contacted me after a "Bob show". Normal smalltalk. Then she decided to follow me. For a long time. I walked into an internet cafe and started writing emails. She was waiting on a chair next to me. I told her there was no point waiting for me. She asked for money for food. She didn't look poor, but gave her 50p to get rid of her.

When leaving the reception I'm always told: "be careful". A good idea, but with common sense and awareness, your fine in most neighborhoods.

All three photos are from Mall of Asia. A giant shopping center.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar