torsdag den 7. juli 2011

Towards Ireland, day 6

Distance: 108nm

I share cabin with Henning. Probably 5 square metres in total. Basically two beds.
So your living really close on each other. Especially when sailing the long distances without option to go on land when in harbour.

Until now it's been uncomplicated. The last few nights has been a little complicated. Henning wants our door to be closed during the night cause of colder temperatures and noises from the saloon/ engine.
I want the door open, or at least a little open. I have "invented" a little gardenhose thing on a elastic rubber string. This holds the door, and let a little air in.
According to Henning, this invention makes noises, and he removed it during the night. It came back up later during the night.

Imagine two men on 5 square metres, and one smokes pipe, and both farts once in a while... I'm usually not soft, but I can't breath in there.
Hopefully he'll let the garden hose stay tonight, and I'll get some more sleep.

Despite the lack of sleep it was a very interesting day.
I think I saw a whale yesterday. Lea said she saw one today. Everyone onboard was sceptic. Today everyone saw whales alot of times. We're pretty sure it was Fin whales. One of them got really close, like 20 metres. Fin whales are the second biggest whales in the world. They can grow up to 25 metres of length.

We're also pretty sure we saw southern right whale dolphins today as well.

By far the best day when it comes to wildlife.




Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar