tirsdag den 12. juli 2011

Bangor and Belfast

Sailed in to Bangor Marina at 10am on the tenth of July. This gave everyone two days to see Belfast, cause I was going home on the 12th, and Den Vilde Jagt was leaving for Scotland.
The 10th was spend in Bangor. We did some city things, and went for a walk along the bay.
The 11th was spent in Dublin. Ole had read an article in a Danish newspaper about a 3 hour "conflict-walk" in Belfast. The guides are former active "political prisoners". Our guide had spent 10 years in jail.
He was catholic, and gave us a guided tour around Belfast. A very interesting tour with lots of information about the conflict.

A three hour walking tour with an English speaking guide was a little tough for the kids, but they did great. Tor was counting bulletholes in walls. Bjarke was trying to understand as much as possible. The guide was speaking with an Irish accent, so I think I got like 80% of his information. Rasmus was informed by Ole who was translating some of the facts/ stories.
The tour ended with fish and chips and a Guinness. Perfect!

Now, I've just said goodbye/ see you to the crew. I'm in the train towards Belfast. There is actually a huge Orange March today, and some protestants have advised us to stay out of Belfast. We also met a proud boy yesterday. He was going to be a flag carrier in the march. Strange conflict. One part of Belfast take their family into town for the march. The other part advises us to keep out.
I'm just catching a bus to Dublin airport, so I'm probably safe...

Now, in the bus, I've just seen around 15 buses filled with people wearing orange march clothes.

Yep, I got out of Belfast, and now I'm in Dublin looking at a very little plane (26 metres), which is taking me home to Denmark.





Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar